Perhaps discuss afterward:
- What did the darkness feel like?
- What did you notice about the flames themselves?
- What came up for you as the candles were lit one after another and the light grew? How did it feel when the candles burned down and the darkness came again? Does it feel different than the original darkness?
- Where in your life does light grow? Who is a candle for you?
- How can you be a candle in your own life or the life of others?
Rabbi Jordan Bendat-Appel’s video teaching: http://vimeo.com/55421519