Stay Present, Come What May
“ The personal growth you will experience in Hineni will affect every area of your life. You will build your own spiritual tool-kit, gathered from principles, practices, and wisdom from the great Jewish spiritual teachers of all time. ”
— Rabbi Jill Zimmerman
The Purpose & Practice of Being Present
“Hineni” is the Hebrew word for: I Am Here. Present. Ready. Open-eyed.
You realize one day that some journeys you have chosen and other journeys have chosen you. We are living during a time of many challenges, and it is our choice of how we walk through them.
For some of you, this is personal in your own life – a new loss or recent illness, or aging and all that goes with it, a major transition.
For others, the state of our nation or the planet has become a source of anguish. You may take on the suffering you see, you feel your values being torn apart, you’re on high alert much of the time. You may be fearful or angry or outraged or overwhelmed.
And most of us have BOTH going on at once – the internal and the external.
We do not choose what happens to us – or the time we are born into – but we ALWAYS choose how we respond.
It is possible and imperative to walk through this time with PRESENCE & JOY & INSPIRATION – in a community of peers who are supportive.
It is possible and imperative to find oases of stillness – to know when to take a break, when you need inspiration when to ask for help, and a community to help you remember what is important.
The first incarnation of Hineni as an online community of spiritual seekers was created in 2015.
In 2019, the time came to create a new and improved vision for Hineni that includes all the best of online community WITH the inclusion of a specific process to being mindful in your daily life, as well as interviews with amazing teachers from around the world.
I am so excited to introduce to you: Hineni – Your Path To Presence.
The Hineni Path
- A clearly laid out Path to being present no matter what is happening
- A whole curriculum for personal growth, based primarily but not exclusively on Jewish themes
- Introduction to world-class spiritual teachers who share their wisdom of how they stay present (Previous guest teachers have been Rabbi Lawrence Kushner, Professor Daniel Matt, Rabbi Laura Geller, Rabbi Rachel Adler, Norman Fischer, Rabbi Rachel Timoner, Rabbi Pamela Wax, and upcoming: Rabbi Joel Simonds, Rabbi Margie Jacobs, Joanne Fink, and Gary Gach)
- Clear step-by-step guidance on how to apply spiritual principles to your everyday life
- A community that shares a common language and supports each other
- A Shabbat community – we meet every Friday for an hour of meditation, song, discussion, healing and Kaddish.