What an opportunity! Most of us are either in forced or elective quarantine. What if we used this time to learn, create and be inspired?
Could there be a blessing inside this moment?
Think of it like an extended Sabbath/Shabbat.
Some suggestions about how to make the most of this time – and let’s share with each other:
- Create a list of books you have always been waiting for a “rainy day” to read. Which one will you read first? We are reading Sapiens out loud to each other. Or get an audiobook from the library. ** Here’s a booklist of recommended books that thousands of people sent me from January 2020. Enjoy.
- What music gives you the most uplift? Create a playlist of songs that you love. Here’s a healing playlist I created on SoundCloud. (It’s mostly Jewish music but you don’t have to be Jewish to listen and love it!) ALSO – I created a YouTube COVID-19 playlist from suggestions of friends. You can find it here.
- Have you always wanted to learn to meditate? Now is a great time! I have some meditations at Insight Timer and there are thousands there. Here’s one of mine on Lovingkindness. (I also teach meditation if you want to learn. Contact me for more information.)
- What skill would you like to learn? There are thousands of courses at Skillshare. I’m taking a class on Ipad Lettering 🙂 Knitting? Photography? (I created the Breathe image on my Ipad! I love lettering)
- Cooking! If you love to cook or bake, what might you make?
How do you plan to spend this moment of quarantine? Might you use it to expand yourself creatively in ways that you might not have otherwise? Please write what sounds good to you in the comments below.